Our memory helps make up who we are. It not only gives us a sense of self. Memory gives us a continual experience of life. Here are 5 interesting facts about our memory.
- 1. Memory is the imaginative reconstruction of our attitudes and past reactions with bits of actual fact added to the mix. Most of us are quite certain that our memories are crystal clear from a factual standpoint when in fact, they are quite susceptible to our own mental filters.
- Lack of sleep impairs memory function. What’s more, positive memories are more likely to be lost than negative ones. Depression is a frequent symptom of sleep deprivation.
- Our memories are easily swayed by misinformation and how a question is posed to us.
- Caffeine doesn’t help maintain memory performance only alertness.
- Dori from the movie Finding Nemo is a pretty accurate depiction of an individual with amnesia!