Do It Yourself:
Healthy Meal for Kids
Mini Tuna and Salad Subs
- 100g can light tuna with tomato and onion, drained
- 1 tablespoon frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons grated light tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 small carrot, grated
- 2 grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Combine tuna, corn and mayonnaise in a bowl. Place rolls on a baking tray. Halve rolls lengthways, leaving 1 side joined.
Spoon half the tuna mixture into each roll. Press down lightly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until rolls are golden and cheese has melted. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool. Top with lettuce, carrot and tomato. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve.