There are those who prefer to stay in the comforts of their home during weekends. They’d rather read books, watch movies, or play video games to distress after a long and tiring week.
But there are also those who yearn for adventure, exploration, and travel experience. The idea of traveling and discovering new places excites them and makes their blood rush. If you’re one of them, here’s a list of inspiring quotes for you:
- “Never say never.” –LillianeCobiao of Wanderlass
Liliane Cobiao is a female traveler who travelled around the world in 100 days – and she did this alone! In her blog, she wrote that you should never say no to opportunities. When you always say “no” to an opportunity, chances are, you will stay stuck in the same place for a very long time. If you’ve got nothing to lose, why not explore the world and experience all the best it can offer!
- “It’s a waste of time and effort to do work that you hate or dislike, purely for the aim of just making money… try to make the steps of abandoning conformity and fear… Don’t mind what society or what other people may say.” –Aileen Adalid of I am Aileen
Aileen Adalid is a quitter – a quitter of conformity and fear! At 21, she chose to quit her secure corporate job to travel the world. Aileen is an advocate for following one’s dreams to travel. She understands that choosing to travel can bring societal prejudice as well as financial problems, but she advises that these problems are merely social pressures that you can absolutely overcome. All it takes is a determined mind and heart to start travelling.
- “My strategy (on how I fund my wanderlust travels) is simple. Work hard to cut down expenses, save and plan ahead.” – Marvin Marasigan of PinoyAdventurista
The Philippines has a lot of undiscovered wonders that all Filipinos should see and appreciate at least once in their lifetime – this is what Marvin Marasigan takes to heart. His travel blog’s aim is to encourage more people to explore the unassuming beauty of the Philippines. He wrote that when travelling in the Philippines, or any part of the world for that matter, financing shouldn’t be that big of a problem. Money discipline and thorough planning are simple ways to have a well-funded journey.
- “If there’s one thing long-term travel taught me, it’s that nothing lasts forever. Nothing.” – Aleah Taboclaon of Solitary Wanderer
Aleah Taboclaon is a lone female traveler by choice. One thing that she experienced from her solitary travels is that time is actuallyreally precious, and that – despite whatever sci-fi fiction says about time travel – time will not come back. So savor each moment, each person you meet, and each scenery you see. Whatever comes along, don’t take anything for granted! Nothing lasts forever.
- “I never thought that I will eventually meet my true love in one of my travels. But I did. I have always been thinking that I will end up being alone.” – Kach Medina from Two Monkeys Travel Group
Lonely, single, and absolutely available? Why not start travelling? You never know, you might meet the love of your life as you embark on your journey! But kidding aside, Kach wrote this not to encourage flirtation, but to promote the notion that travelling can bring you closer to people who love to travel as well. Travelling is a great way to broaden your horizon and find new like-minded friends that you can keep for a lifetime!
- “This has been one of the best things about traveling to new places—it reminds us, time and again, that happiness comes in the simplest, most uncomplicated, and sometimes unexpected packages.” –Nikka Corsino and Owen Ballesteros of Two2Travel
For couple travelers, Nikka Corsino and Owen Ballesteros, travelling has become a vehicle for them to appreciate little things in life. When you get to see, meet, and experience different cultures and people, you’ll know that everything, including the bad, can be amazing. It’s simply up to you to look at things from this point of view!
- “You don’t have to travel far to exotic destinations to be a traveler. Sometimes, it’s a matter of seeing things in a different light. We tend to do the “touristy stuff” only when we are in a different place, but doing the same activities in your own locales could be a great way to explore.” – Kara Santos of Travel Up
One of the essence of travelling is to explore, and it doesn’t have to be done a million miles away! Travelling can start at the unexplored areas of your backyard, or in the mysterious groove of your province. Travelling is about discovery, both outside and inside, and the adrenaline you get from seeing the miraculous wonders of the world!
- “More than the destination, choose your travel buddies wisely. It’s never where you are but who you spend the moment with.” – Robbie Bautisita of The Travelling Dork
Have you experienced going solo to a place, extremely enjoyed it, then visit the same place again, now with a friend, but regretted it? Of course, it’s not the friend’s fault for ruining your day. Travelling should be accompanied with people who you could be comfortable and vulnerable with. Insisting to be with people who are clearly not your crowd could only make you feel alone.
- “For travelers, writers, photographers, bloggers and even lovers – just be true to yourself, don’t try to be someone you’re not.” – Carla A of Blissful Guro
This is what Carla A advises to almost everyone – be yourself. If you feel that you’re not fit for a corporate setting, then quit! If you feel that you’re unlike the extroverted, adrenaline-junkies out there, then don’t try to change yourself. With all the pressures around us to become somebody else, it’s so easy to nod and accept whatever ideal they impose on you. But this shouldn’t be the case. Becoming true to yourself and your effervescent itch for exploration will pave the way to your individual happiness.
- “The Universe is limitless, abundant and strangely accommodating.” – Trisha Velarmino of S. I’m On My Way
We all know that venturing to the mysterious is scary, because well, it’s mysterious, and the unknown always seems a bit scary in the beginning. But being scared is not a bad thing. In fact, it’s normal. Some people postpone travelling because they’re afraid of mingling with unfamiliar nationalities.But don’t fret, it’ll all get better! You’ll meet amazing people and see unimaginable places! As Trisha wrote, the Universe is accommodating to those who know what they want and pursue it regardless of other’s opinions.
Travelling long term takes guts to start. It may be intimidating, but it shouldn’t be that of a hassle, especially if you really love going on adventures. Going to different places isn’t as simple as packing up and going to the airport. It takes careful planning to ensure that you will be financially all right and physically secured. MAPFRE INSULAR is an insurance company that knows how to accommodate different travelers – from businessmen to backpackers. MAPFRE offers special comprehensive insurance plans that will definitely suit your travel needs! For more information, visit https://www.mapfre.com.ph/insurance-ph/personal/travel-insurance/.
Get a quote now!